Sunday, March 23, 2008

My Safari 3.1 Review

For those of you that don't know, Safari 3.1 is the newest browser release from Apple. Those of you using iTunes will be seeing it pushed down to your PC via iTunes if you haven't already. My advice to you: Download it. Install it. Use it. 

I've been using Safari over Firefox and IE for the past week, and it feels like I'm browsing on a whole new machine. Not only does Safari have a nice, sleek look, but I love all of the little features they've thrown in. Spell check when typing, a Google search tool that doesn't take up an entirely new bar, the bookmarks bar which provides very convenient quick links, and the font smoothing thats built into the browser really gives the extra "wow" factor.

The browser is ungodly fast with its load times. It loads pages faster than the other two largely used browsers, and it loads JavaScript, a code largely supported by web developers , at even faster speeds. 

The only thing I dislike about the browser is that to open a new, blank tab, you have to press CNTRL + T. 

If you want to give it a try, check it out at Apple website

No comments: